December 15, 2011

Our Brave Brave Girl!

Today was a very emotional day, Clare had surgery on her L arm at JHH.  Her surgery was only supposed to last for 1 hour but after talking to Dr. Tis, he wanted to add a couple of more steps in order to straighten up her arm.  Clare was in the OR for almost 2 1/2 hours.  After eating breakfast with Steph, I stopped at the Jesus statue...I had a huge reality check!  While saying some prayers I looked down to the bottom of the statue where I saw a note signed by several children..."please make us cancer free!"  I then realized how lucky I was!!!  Clare had fantastic care by all the staff especially her anesthesiologist, Dr. Ledbetter and her pre op nurse.  We also had lots of thoughtful friends stop by!  Clare was spoiled by coming home to a huge bouquet of balloons with a bag of goodies, then we had two other surprise visitors also bearing thoughtful gifts...bell to ring for service(which hasn't stopped ringing...), more balloons, stuffed animals, homemade cards, lollipops and books.  It really makes me feel good knowing how much people care about our sweet Clare!  She is finally sleeping after being brave about her arm and belly hurting, at least she only threw up once.  Every time when I would take her to the bathroom she would say, "mommy, I wish I never had this bump"  Clare I wish too!!!!

This is right after we got home



Our Sleeping Beauty!


No comments: